Thursday 20 November 2014

The book launch

It's almost a week since the book launch party and I've just about recovered enough to tell you all about it!  It was epic!  I was amazed at how many people came, we struggled to all fit in and there was a queue outside around 30 minutes before the party started which given the wet horrible weather totally blew me away.  It was touching to see how many people came along to support me, thank you so much to everyone who came.


Books at the start of the night


It was great to see piles of my book on display in the shop and even better to see how few were left at the end of the night! The image below is by Sara's Texture Crafts who came along on the night, and then interviewed me on her blog about the book.

End of the night - Image © Sara's Texture Crafts

I was planning to take lots of pictures on the night but it was so busy I barely had time to have a drink let alone take photos.  I did manage a photo of the goodie bags whilst we were packing them before the event.  Plus I've seen several pictures of them on social media and other blogs since, they were amazing!  Gutted I didn't get one!


Contents of the goodie bags

A huge thank you to Search Press, Korbond, Hantex, Coats Crafts, Brother, Janome and the Exeter Sewing Machine Company for donating such lovely goodies. The raffle prizes they kindly donated went down a treat too and we raised £65 for Children in Need.

The best thing about the night was getting to chat to so many other crafters, many of whom were starting up or already running their own businesses. Having only moved to Devon a few months ago it was great to get to meet more people locally who have the same passions I do. I spent the whole evening chatting and signing books, the 3 hours flew by and before I knew it it was time to go home.

I did end up losing my voice so my husband and son had a very quiet weekend afterwards!  But it was well worth the lack of voice and sore throat.  It's a once in a lifetime event for me, and one I will always remember.



1 comment:

Bossymamma said...

I'm thrilled for you that it went so well, Fi, and was so sorry not to be able to be there. I'm sure you'll love living in Devon surrounded by so much creativity!

Blogging tips