Monday 21 April 2014

Missing Sewing

As you may have seen a few of posts ago I should have moved house start of April.  Unfortunately it never happened :-(  Out buyers had problems getting a mortgage so it fell through and we had to start all over again.  Luckily we have a new buyer now, and their mortgage was approved so we are hoping to sort a move date very soon.   Fortunately the people we were buying from in Devon waited for us so we should still get the house we wanted.  It does feel like this month has been the longest month ever!  I just want to get the date for the move so I know it will finally happen.


My sewing corner


But that does mean that more than half the house, including my sewing stuff has been packed up for about 2 months now.  I keep seeing people's lovely sewing creations on Instagram, and coming across cool tutorials for things I'd love to make but I can't because all my sewing stuff is packed up. 


Fabric drawers

Even my big colourful rainbow drawers of fabric are now all packed up, all in vacuum seal bags.  I'm just going to have to keep building up my 'want to make' list.  I really want to make the Cargo Duffle bag, plus some lovely fabric storage baskets for the new house once we move. I'm sure there will be lots to make for the new house as it has a totally different colour scheme to our current house.

On the plus side not sewing has meant I've had more time for reading so I'm well ahead on my mission to read 52 books this year.  I didn't quite make it last year but I reckon I should this year.   I've also had chance to add lots of new things to the site including a big fabric design competition where you can win a Brother Innov-is 10a!   I'm also working on a follow up to my popular Most Useful Sewing Links Ever post focused purely on dressmaking.  That should be going live in the next couple of weeks hopefully...unless of course I'm moving them!  Plus I've been editing my book, it goes to print in June so only a couple of months left to work on it.


http://www.thesewingdirectory.co.uk/fabric-design-competition/



2 comments:

Bossymamma said...

Sorry to hear about the problems with your house move. My fingers are crossed that it all goes through smoothly and quickly.

Dottie Doodle said...

Fantastic news about the move! And to sewing soon.

Blogging tips