Monday 2 April 2012

Quilt in progress

You may remember that at the start of the year I posted about my sewing resolutions for 2012 here which included actually finishing a quilt this year.  I've started quite a few, I love picking the fabrics, planning the design and doing the first couple of blocks and then life gets in the way, the quilt gets packed up and somehow I never get back to it.

So this year I told myself I will only work on the quilt until it is finished and not get side tracked by anything else.  I ordered some beautiful fabrics from Quilt Me Happy (Blueberry Crumb Cake by Moda), I went for the charm packs to save on cutting (I'm lazy like that!).   In January I started sewing the squares into strips of 4, ready to piece into blocks of 12.  Then the foot pedal on my sewing machine broke!

So I didn't sew at all in February, I contacted the machine manufacturers to try and get advice on fixing the pedal and waited for a response.  After getting no reply from them one of my customers Sewing Machine World kindly offered to take a look at it.  I posted it off to them and a week later it was back in fully working order :-)

So I've been sewing a bit over the last few weeks and I've now almost finished piecing the blocks.  I've laid some of them out in the photo below so you can see how it's looking. This isn't the final layout, I've got 4 more blocks to make up then will decide how to put it all together.  But it's getting there, I'm pleased with how it's looking so far and it looks like hopefully I will actually finish a quilt at last!

No comments:

Blogging tips