Monday 26 April 2010

Words of thanks

We've recently had some really nice thank you messages from recent prize winners and from a company we recently ran a competition with and we wanted to share these lovely messages.  It's nice to know that the prizes are going to a good home.

From Joan Tildesley - winner of the Janome BCC-30 sewing machine

Dear Fiona, The machine has arrived this morning in perfect condition. I am so chuffed. I cannot describe to you the amount of pleasure this machine is going to give. I have written a few lines below which I hope convey my feelings. A beautiful compact machine, it is so simple to use. It has everything that I require. My sister in law, Veronica who was a wonderful teacher when I first started to make my own garments died of breast cancer 3 years ago. Each time I look at the machine it will be with the fondest memories of her. It is though I was destined to have it. The machine is a wonderful idea in support of research into breast cancer I have been passing on Veronica's sewing bug to my 12 year old niece, who visited this afternoon to look at the new sewing machine. We have christened it 'Veronica' in her honour. Our plan is to spend three days together next week choosing fabric and a pattern so as she can make her first garment using this sewing machine because it is so simple to use. We will sew together. I will soldier on with 'Beryl' whilst she beavers away on 'Veronica'. Thank you. Kindest regards Joan Tildesley.

Veronica Dixon - winner of How to Use your Sewing Machine
Hi Fiona, Thanks for sending me the sewing book prize in the post so quickly - it arrived today in perfect condition.  It will be a very useful book to have at the side of my sewing machine and I am very pleased to have won it.  Thanks for all your help - much appreciated. I wish you lots of good luck with your new website. It does look very promising indeed.  Regards, Veronica Dixon

Abbey Sewell - winner of Fabulous bags to Stitch & Make

Thanks Fiona, I’m glad I got that book, I’ve just started sewing did start with quilts but bags are more fun lol, Thanks again, Abby


Joan Field - winner of Free & Easy Stitch Style

Hi Fiona, Just a note to let you know that the book you sent me as a prize from the Birmingham craft show, has arrived. Many thanks it looks a very unusual book and I'm sure it will be put to good use. Hope the business is going well. Thanks again all the best Joan Field.

Beverley Kerry - winner of Button & Stitch

@sewingdirectory thank you so much for my prize - arrived safe and sound and can't wait to get crafting!

Dawn Walsh - winner of Home Sweet Sewn

@sewingdirectory book prize arrived, thank you. Looks great - weekend of gardening looking doubtful, maybe being crafty now instead

Sew make believe - winners of How to Make a Pleated Skirt

@sewingdirectory Our pleated skirt book has arrived! Can't wait to show our members! x

Ellie Boyd - owner of Never Forget who we recently ran a competition with

Dear Fiona, I had to put pen to paper to say a HUGE Thank You following the success of the competition that we ran on The Sewing Directory. The reaction and added coverage given to my website, blog and face book page was amazing. I have now had a chance to evaluate the stats and I was overwhelmed to find that my website visits were up by 70%. This far out measures anything else I have done before.  From our first phone-call to the holding hands along the way, the whole process was painless, friendly, fun and very very exciting.  I cannot wait to work with you again and would like to take this opportunity to wish you all the very best and continued growth and success with the site.  Yours sincerely, Ellie Boyde, Never Forget

The plus side of running this site and these competitions is to be able to make so many people happy, we hope there are many more happy winners to come :-)

No comments:

Blogging tips